A round-up of Enjin's development activity for the last two weeks.
Another feature-packed development update is upon us and we're excited to share some of the progress we've made so far!
In this bi-weekly update, we will be covering:
- NFTio: The newest and most cutting-edge NFT marketplace.
- Enjin Wallet: The only crypto & NFT wallet you need.
- Enjin Tooling:
- The Enjin Platform
What is NFT.io?
NFT.io is the next marketplace for all NFTs, with an awesome branded domain. NFT.io includes all of the basic functionalities found in any NFT-related marketplace and the ability to work with Efinity in the future. It not only has excellent features, but it also has an easy and friendly user interface and user experience.
- Added support for ED25519 wallet address format on NFT.io, allowing for different wallet import methods with different derivation paths. ED25519 is an elliptic curve-based public-key system commonly used for SSH authentication
- Implemented multiple fixes and optimizations across the platform, including additional validations and security fixes to ensure that the platform is secure and reliable.
- Implemented quality-of-life improvements across the app, such as optimizing the user interface, streamlining the user experience, and adding new features that make the platform more intuitive and easier to use.
📱Enjin Wallet 2.0
What is the Enjin Wallet?
The Enjin Wallet application (available for Android and iOS) is the next-generation crypto and NFT mobile app that enables you to store, send and sell your NFTs, in addition to using the Enjin Wallet just like any other cryptocurrency wallet application.
- Enhanced SR25519 address generation for Efinity.
- SR25519 is an elliptic curve-based public-key system that is used for secure messaging and other cryptographic applications. This enhancement will improve the security of the platform and ensure that users' addresses are generated securely.
- Added support for native App Review Flow.
- This is a new review flow process for the wallet, which will allow users to review the app without any further issues. This feature will help to improve the overall user experience and ensure that users can provide feedback and reviews more easily.
- Polishing new UI for Collectibles.
- The development team is fine-tuning the Collectibles user interface to ensure that it has the best user experience possible based on feedback from the community. This will help to ensure that users can easily and intuitively navigate the Collectibles section of the platform.
- Quality-of-life improvements.
🛠️ Enjin Tooling
This section is broken down into 2 categories:
📖 The Enjin Platform
What is the Enjin Platform?
The new Enjin Platform is a package that enables developers to implement blockchain integration more quickly. With it, game developers can perform blockchain actions without worrying about encoding or signing transactions or understanding specific blockchain technical details.
- Development of the Enjin Platform UI.
- Platform UI is now almost finished and imminently entering the testing phase. It supports the administration of collections, tokens, and transactions (including retrying transactions that failed to make it to the chain) as well as a simple Beam interface (including the ability to export beam QRs and codes as CSV files).
- The Platform UI will support the administration of collections, tokens, and transactions. This means that users will be able to manage their collections of digital assets, including creating new collections, minting new tokens, and managing existing ones. Users will also be able to view their transaction history and retry transactions that failed.
- The Platform UI will also include a simple Beam interface, which will allow users to send and receive Beams using QR codes. The Beam interface will also allow users to export Beam QRs and codes as CSV files, making it easier to manage large numbers of transactions.
- Quality-of-life improvements & stability fixes.
An SDK (a.k.a Software Development Kit), is a set of software tools and programs provided by hardware and software vendors that developers and game devs can use to build applications for specific platforms. Enjin makes our SDKs available for developers to easily integrate into their apps and games.
- The Enjin team has recently added two new queries, GetBalancesFromProjects and GetAssetsFromProjects, to the V.2 SDKs. These queries provide developers with more control and functionality when working with Enjin projects.
- GetBalancesFromProjects: This query allows developers to retrieve the balances of assets from specific Enjin projects. This query is particularly useful for developers who want to build applications that require real-time updates on the balance of specific assets. By using this query, developers can retrieve balance information in a fast and efficient manner.
- GetAssetsFromProjects: This query allows developers to retrieve detailed information about specific assets in their Enjin projects. This includes information such as the asset ID, name, description, and metadata. This query is useful for developers who want to manage their assets in a more granular way. By using this query, developers can retrieve information about specific assets in their projects and make updates as necessary.
These queries have been added to the V.2 SDKs, which are the latest version of Enjin's software development kits. The V.2 SDKs are designed to make it easier for developers to build applications on the Enjin platform.
💬 From the Team 💬
That concludes this edition of our bi-weekly development update! Keep an eye out for the next one in two weeks. We’ll see you then!
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact us through our support team.
Looking for more developer material? Learn more below:
- Our technical documentation: https://docs.enjin.io
- Our other bi-weekly development updates: https://enjin.io/blog-tags/developers
- Our developer discord hub: https://discord.com/invite/qVA6uDr2f8
- Our help centre: https://enjin.io/help
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/enjin