- Voting is now open for the first annual NFT (Non-Fungible Token) Awards. Anyone can vote for their favorite NFT projects at nftawards.org/vote. The top-voted token will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- The main judges will select the best NFTs of 2020. The confirmed panel includes:
Nao Udagawa: Managing Director of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., the company behind notable names such as Pac-Man and Tekken
Nobuyuki Idei: Sony’s former CEO & Chairman
Shigeki Morimoto: Game designer and advisor of the Pokémon series
Sherry List: Leader of Microsoft’s Azure Heroes NFT rewards program
Nicolas Pouard: Ubisoft’s Blockchain Initiative Director
Etsuji Nakai: Google Cloud Solutions Architect
- The Blockchain Council will serve as preliminary judges, deciding which nominees advance to the finals. This panel will feature prominent industry figureheads from companies including Aave, Animoca Brands, Atari, Axie Infinity, Blockchain.com Ventures, Chiliz, CoinDesk, CoinMarketCap, ConsenSys, Dapper Labs, DappRadar, DappReview, Immutable, IOST, OMG Network, OpenSea, Rarible, The Sandbox, Ultra, Enjin, DEA, and thought leaders such as Alex Saunders, Boxmining, and Ivan on Tech.
- Winners will be awarded in 10 categories: NFT of the Year, People’s Choice, Adoption Potential, Most Innovative, Most Valuable, Gaming, Charity, Art, Utility, and Most Traded.
- Participants can nominate and vote for their favorite NFTs through the end of November.
- The NFT Awards ceremony will take place on December 9, 2020 via Twitch.
- The event is co-hosted by Enjin and Digital Entertainment Asset (DEA).
- Quote from Enjin CEO Maxim Blagov: “The NFT Awards is an ideal way to scale thought leadership across the blockchain industry. This initiative will provide a window into the valuable perspectives of leaders in the tech market and inform the future of NFTs.”
- Quote from DEA CEO Naohito Yoshida: “The NFT Awards aims to promote the mainstream potential of NFT. NFTs can not only help develop entertainment, but any industry which utilizes data. We’d like to express our deep appreciation for those who recognize this potential.”