If your Bitcoin, Litecoin or Doge transaction has been pending for awhile with no sign of completion, it is likely due to a low transaction fee or congestion on the network.
Note that this is not due to the Enjin Wallet. The Enjin Wallet is a tool that allows you to create transactions with ease, but it does not have control over any blockchain network or associated gas fees.
Cancelling & Replacing a Pending Transaction
To cancel a pending Bitcoin, Litecoin or Doge transaction, we use and support the Replace-By-Fee method (RBF) in the wallet. This process allows you to replace (overwrite) a pending transaction from within the Enjin Wallet. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open up your wallet and tap on your pending Bitcoin/Litecoin/Doge transaction.
- Tap on the 3-dot located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on "Replace Transaction".
- Note: You will need enough Bitcoin/Litecoin/Doge in your current wallet for the fee, to replace your old, pending transaction.
- From there, you will be able to send a new transaction to replace your pending transaction.
- Note: We recommend sending your new transaction with a higher fee/satoshis for the replacement to go through successfully.
Note: We recommend replacing your pending transaction with a higher fee!
Why is my transaction pending?
Low Sending Fee
A low transaction fee is the most common reason for pending transactions. Depending on the fee that has been set, the time it takes to complete your transaction will vary.
The gas (also known as 'dust' or 'satoshis' for Bitcoin/Litecoin/Doge) can be altered in the Enjin Wallet to suit your needs. Depending on network congestion, the gas fee needed for a smooth, and quick transaction will vary.
We recommend checking bitcoinfees.net to determine the appropriate gas fees prior to sending out your transaction to ensure it completes successfully.
Bitcoinfees.net will help you determine how many satoshis you need for a successful transaction. Using a lower amount of satoshis may result in your transaction taking longer to execute.
To change the satoshis per byte in the Enjin Wallet, follow these steps:
- On the Bitcoin/Litecoin/Doge wallet screen, tap the "Send" option.
- Enable "Advanced Mode." Here, you will be able to specify the Satoshis per byte for your transaction.
Do not attempt to send a new transaction while your previous transaction is still pending. This may lead to double spending on both transactions when they reach the network.
Once your transaction has reached the network, we recommend checking on the status of your transaction on Blockchair or any alternative explorer.
Network congestion occurs for various reasons, but can be nonetheless frustrating when it comes to stuck/pending transactions.
To prevent congestion from keeping your transaction pending for longer than usual, we recommend monitoring the current congestion levels of the network on bitcoinfees.net.
You may want to wait for congestion and gas fees to decrease before attempting any transaction.