A round-up of Enjin's development activity for the past 2 weeks!
Greetings, Enjin Community! As we step into a fresh month, it's time for a brand new development update, shedding light on the remarkable progress accomplished by our dedicated team of developers over the past few weeks.
In this bi-weekly update, we will be covering:
- Enjin Blockchain: An NFT-focused blockchain with NFT transactions at the protocol level.
- Enjin Wallet: The only crypto & NFT wallet you need.
- NFTio: The newest and most cutting-edge NFT marketplace.
- Enjin Tooling:
a. The Enjin Platform Core and its sub-packages
💫 Enjin Blockchain
What is the Enjin Blockchain?
The Enjin Blockchain is a decentralized and scalable network built for digital assets and non-fungible tokens (NFTs). It is based on Polkadot and uses the open-source Substrate framework to provide a comprehensive and efficient ecosystem for NFT creation. With superior functionality, speed, and low costs, Enjin Blockchain is designed to enhance the creation and management of digital assets in a secure and reliable manner.
- Extrinsic Migrator Enhancements;
• The Enjin Blockchain development team has dedicated effort to further develop the extrinsic migrator, addressing internal fixes and enabling support for resuming migrations over multiple runs.
- Size Optimization for MultiTokens Pallet;
• Reduced the size of the call enum generated by the MultiTokens pallet, as it was previously exceeding the defined limit.
- Dependency Update;
• Dependencies have been updated to version 0.9.43, incorporating the latest enhancements.
- Governance Configuration Update.
• Governance configurations have been updated to enhance functionality and adapt to evolving requirements.
📱Enjin Wallet 2.0
What is the Enjin Wallet?
The Enjin Wallet application (available for Android and iOS) is the next-generation crypto and NFT mobile app that enables you to store, send and sell your NFTs, in addition to using the Enjin Wallet just like any other cryptocurrency wallet application.
- We have released the internal build for Migration, Staking, and Early Bird Staking features;
• With this internal build in place, our Quality Assurance team can conduct thorough testing on these features, ensuring they meet the required standards before the official production release to both the Enjin Community and Enjin Wallet users.
- Quality of life improvements.
What is NFT.io?
NFT.io is the next marketplace for all NFTs, with an awesome branded domain. NFT.io includes all of the basic functionalities in any NFT-related marketplace and the ability to work with Enjin Blockchain in the future. It not only has excellent features, but it also has an easy and friendly user interface and user experience.
- Added social links for collections
• We've introduced social links for collections, allowing you to connect various platforms such as Twitter, Discord, Medium, TikTok & Instagram.
- Enhanced user wallets and balance displays
• We've made significant upgrades to the way user wallets and balances are presented. The new display offers a more user-friendly and intuitive experience.
- Improved Search Bar
• Our search bar has received some notable improvements. You can now search by token ID, making it quicker and simpler to find specific tokens within collections.
- Quality of life improvements, performance and usability wise.
Make sure to follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on the latest updates and fixes.
🛠️ Enjin Tooling
The Enjin Platform
What is the Enjin Platform?
The new Enjin Platform is a package that enables developers to implement blockchain integration more quickly. With it, game developers can perform blockchain actions without worrying about encoding or signing transactions or understanding specific blockchain technical details.
Enjin Platform Core & Adjacent Packages
- Enhanced Unit Test Coverage;
• Across all packages, we have increased the unit test coverage to over 90%. This ensures a higher level of confidence in the stability of future updates and changes, making the system more robust.
- Improved GraphiQL Docs Browsing;
• You can now access and browse the GraphiQL docs without the need to log in, making it easier for users to explore and interact with the documentation.
- Streamlined RequestAccount and VerifyAccount Flow;
• The RequestAccount and VerifyAccount flow has been updated, eliminating the requirement to supply a callback URL in the query, and simplifying the process for users.
- Single Use Codes for Beam Claims;
• All Beam claims now receive single-use codes, allowing for seamless switching between single-use and multi-use distribution modes, providing users with more flexibility in managing the distribution of tokens.
- Marketplace Package Addition to Platform UI;
• The Marketplace package has been added to the Platform UI, ensuring that users who choose the Platform UI to build their Enjin Blockchain games have access to all of the platform features.
- Ethereum ERC1155 Asset Migration Package Planning;
- Quality of Life improvements and fixes.
💬 From the Team 💬
We continue to work hard to deliver a top-notch experience for our users, and these updates are just a glimpse of what's to come. Stay tuned for more exciting developments in the near future!
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact us through our support team.
Looking for more developer material? Learn more below:
- Our technical documentation: https://docs.enjin.io
- Our other bi-weekly development updates: https://enjin.io/blog-tags/developers
- Our developer discord hub: https://discord.com/invite/qVA6uDr2f8
- Our help center: https://enjin.io/help
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/enjin